oCarbon

Carbon Fiber Products

Blog

Few teaser shots of 5HS fabric on a B6/B7 set

Just got done clearcoating the first set made with the new 5 harness satin (5HS) fabric I just got in.  It is a 6k 11oz fabric, so it is pretty high quality.  At first I wasn’t really sure how I felt about it from an aesthetic standpoint, but now seeing these pieces finally clearcoated I’m pretty happy with how it looks.  It is still pretty obvious that it is carbon fiber, as the fabric has a nice thick weave to it, but because it is woven differently than a standard twill, it has a very custom look to it.

Really looking forward to installing this set.

Finally got some images of the carbon fiber installed in a tan interior

I’ve been anxious to see what this setup would look like for a while now, so I was happy to finally get some decent photos.  I think it fits pretty well with the two tone interior and adds a nice contrast.

Rest of the gallery can be found here: Barry’s A4.

C6 A6 shifter surround finished up

Got the C6 A6 shifter back together again.  It was much more challenging than I had anticipated, but now that it is finally done

The two ashtray covers.

Two side blades.

Shifter frame.

First the side blades are attached.

Then the ashtray covers are attached.

And finally, after a bunch of tiny screws, the shifter is all set to go.

Bunch of new pics of some B8 parts

Lots of progress on the B8 vent and MMI pieces.  These will be getting sent out on Monday so hopefully we’ll have some installed pictures shortly.

Before we start, the black pieces are for the B8 A4/S4 and are done in a 11oz 2×2 twill.  The red pieces are for a B8 A5/S5 and are done in a 6oz 2×2 twill red carbon/kevlar hybrid.

About a week ago after the resin had cured.  Still a lot of work needed to be done to get these pieces looking good.

An hour or so with the Dremel and all the excess fiber is trimmed and grinded off the pieces.

These pieces are clearcoated and wetsanded.  I tend to do multiple coats of clearcoat, allow it to cure, wetsand, then more clearcoat.  I feel as this really enhances the overall look of the higher end pieces and gives them stunning depth.

After the second round of clearcoat, the pieces look great.

Couple of close up detail shots around the curves.  These pieces are extremely difficult to wrap because of how complex they are.  It usually takes multiple attempts to get it right.

The same pieces in red for the B8 A5/S5.  The pieces are very similar, but have some subtle differences.

More detail shots.

Finally we have the shifter pieces.  I’ll get these wrapped up and out to their respective owners in the next few days.  Can’t wait to see how the vent and MMI pieces look with the rest of the set.

Some installed pics of the first C6 A6 set…

Still working on the shifter plate but I got some images of the dash and door pieces installed.  I think it turned out very nice with the metal trim around the carbon fiber.

Page 2 of 41234