oCarbon

Carbon Fiber Products

Blog

Another C5 A6 added to the gallery…

Just got some new installed pictures of a 20oz 2×2 twill C5 set and have added them to the gallery.  The full gallery can be found here.

If you’re interested in having the same set made for your C5, check our product page:

http://ocarbon.com/products/audi/a6/c5

 

Check out this silver set we’re working on…

for a B8 A4.  It’s the first silver “carbon fiber” (which is actually aluminum coated fiberglass) trim set for a B8 we’ve done and it is turning out fantastic.  The epoxy is all cured now and it will be trimmed down, sanded smooth, and clearcoated in the next week or so.  I can’t wait to see how this looks installed in a black Audi interior.

Here are a few shots from the production:

First the pieces are prepped and the fabric is cut.

Then the pieces are added to the vacuum system and a bag is placed on top.

A vacuum pump removes the air and begins to hug the stiff fabric around the complex edges and curves of each piece.

After a time in the vacuum, the pieces are removed and are ready for epoxy.

First few layers of epoxy.

After many layers of epoxy the pieces are ready to start curing.

Ready to start the “OEM” vent & MMI group buy

We got the cores in from Germany yesterday, so I can start production on these in the next few days.

By my count I have about 25 A4/S4 vent and MMI sets of cores, and close to 10 A5/S5 sets as well, so hopefully after this group buy is completed I’ll have plenty of cores at my disposal to continue making these matching carbon fiber pieces.

Alex @ Europrice took care of our pretty big order of cores and once again, was awesome to work with (can’t recommend him enough for sourcing OEM parts).

Also made sure I had plenty of the matching fabric in stock so I could get started on these right away.

Keep an eye on the blog and the forums for updates on how these pieces are coming along.

New compressor is all setup…

It took us a few days to get the spray booth setup, but its finally done.  We spent the majority of the day yesterday plumbing the new compressor to the new filter we picked up on Friday.  All the hard work has paid off with a leak free system.

Sam soldering the copper pipe.

Multiple shut off valves, as we’ll be plumbing more air lines to the rest of the shop when we have time.

We needed 25 feet of copper piping between the compressor and the filter so we had to improvise a little trap run.  The pipes are sloped so that condensation in the pipes flows towards the shut off valve at the bottom.

Good to go.  The air line from the filter will run directly into the spray booth.

Finally got our new air filter…

I know there are quite a few of you that have been waiting paitently for us to clearcoat your parts.

After a month delay, we finally got it in and are ready to plumb it to our new air compressor (an 80 gallon beast).

We’ll get this all hooked up over the next day or two and clearcoat non-stop until everyone has their parts.

The first two smaller filters remove any oil and dirt from the air, while the large tank removes any moisture.  Having clean, dry air is essential to a quality finish on painted parts.  If the air isn’t clean, any contaminates get blown out right along with the clearcoat and end up on the part.

The new compressor is huge.  Our first compressor from 2 years ago was only 5 gallons.  Last year we bought a 25 gallon compressor that we out grew in a few months.  Hopefully we won’t have to replace this new one for years to come.

 

Page 10 of 31« First...89101112...2030...Last »